In addition to the guidelines specified in SOP 2.15 Specialized Investigations, the SSW uses the following procedures in conducting investigations involving licensed private child-caring (PCC) facilities.
Crisis stabilization units are categorized either as licensed under a PCC facility or provided through a community mental health center (CMHC). The SSW utilizes the procedures set forth in this standard of practice (SOP) for all PCC crisis stabilization units and utilizes SOP 2.15.6 Investigations of Supports for Community Living (SCL) and Community Mental Health/Intellectual Disability (CMHC) for all CMHC crisis stabilization units.
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG), Division of Regulated Child Care (DRCC), Child Caring/Child Placing Branch will assign OIG staff,as applicable, to contact the SSW.
Upon accepting a report, the SSW:
- Provides copies of the DPP-115 to the parties listed on the CPS Investigative Distribution Chart and:
- Notifies the OIG, DRCC, Child Caring/Child Placing Branch via telephone;
- Emails Faxes a copy of the DPP-115 to the Division of Protection and Permanency (DPP) Child Protection Branch at DCBSChildProtection@ky.gov ; and central office CC/CP Branch (Refer to the Specialized Investigation Fax Coversheet); and
- Documents the notification in the assessment (Refer to KY Children’s Crisis Stabilization Programs for a complete listing of CMHC crisis stabilization units);
- Provides written notification to OIG/DRCC if the SSW finds at the time of investigation that a child is in imminent danger or that a child needs to be removed;
- Provides written findings to the administrator of the facility within thirty (30) working days of receiving the referral/report, unless an extension is granted by the supervisor, when there is a finding of substantiation of child abuse or neglect and the alleged perpetrator is an employee of the facility;
- Follows procedures outlined in SOP 2.15 and SOP 2.13 Notification of Finding and Case Disposition when sending notification of a substantiated finding;
- Also provides notification to:
- The agency/facility and license holder; and
- OIG/DRCC via fax (Refer to the CPS Investigative Distribution Chart for a complete listing);
- Sends, upon approval, copies of the assessment for a PCC investigation to OIG (Refer to Private Child Care (PCC) Investigation Tip Sheet).
- Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Division of Regulated Child Care (DRCC)
Child-Caring/Child-Placing Branch (CC/CP)