For children registered with the Kentucky Adoption Program Exchange (KAPE), the child's SSW, the FSOS of child's case, the Child-Focused Recruitment Model (CFRM) staff, and other individuals as needed obtains and reviews the family’s home study and the home study agency’s license to determine if the requirements of 922 KAR 1:100 and agency requirements for out of state families are met.
- The adoption services branch staff sends a copy of the adoptive home study, and the home study review form to the CFRM worker and FSOS. If the child does not have a CFRM recruiter, the home study, home study review form, and a DPP-193 Adoptive Review Committee Comments form is sent to the SSW and FSOS for consideration.
- The child's adoptive review committee (the SSW, FSOS, and a third party) evaluates the prospective adoptive family's ability to meet the child's needs. THE CFRM recruiter may be invited to the adoptive review committee and can serve as the third party.
- A member of the child's adoption review committee notifies the adoption services branch staff that the family is a match for the child.
- The adoption services branch staff follows the process in SOP 10.25 Obtaining an Out of State Home Study if a referral is requested by an out of state worker.
- The adoption services branch staff negotiates the purchase of service fees during the agency and family’s review of the presentation material. 1
- The adoption services branch staff confirms the agreement in writing and provides the agency the steps for billing once the fees for services are established. 2
- A member of the child's adoption review committee completes the interstate packet and sends it to Kentucky’s ICPC compact administrator when the family accepts the referral and the Purchase of Services Letter has been signed by all parties. 3
- A member of the child's adoption review committee initiates a formal written ICPC placement request through the Kentucky ICPC coordinator seeking approval for the child’s placement with the proposed out of state adoptive family. 4
- Staff can proceed with the pre-placement conference and subsequent visitation once both states have signed the ICPC-100A Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children Request.
Upon completion and approval of the ICPC-100A:
- The ICPC coordinator notifies the adoption services branch staff and the SSW of the action taken either approving or denying the child’s placement with the out of state adoptive family; and
- The SSW completes plans with the out of state family’s worker for travel to the pre-placement conference, initial meeting, and visit with the child.